The monumental Radio Netherlands Worldwide building in Hilversum provides accommodation for the Dutch broadcaster AVROTROS after a thorough renovation. The ETAP lighting solution is as varied as the range of the merged broadcasting channel.
The former site of Radio Netherlands Worldwide was renovated with great respect for the architecture. The original concrete ceilings reappeared and the open structure of the building was restored to its former glory.
ETAP provided the general and emergency lighting in studios, editing rooms, offices, corridors and the canteen. The client wanted perfect integration of luminaires and installations. The lighting had to be functional and adapted to the various tasks, while minimising disturbing luminance - crucial for working with television.
The ETAP lighting solution consists of
- UJ-recessed luminaires customised to the offices
- Kardó lines with integrated emergency exit lighting in corridors
- Square D3-downlights in the canteen
- D1-downlights in corridors
- F14-wall luminaires with diffuser
- Industrial E6-luminaires for the car park
- K1- and K9-emergency lighting
Photography Sónia Arrepia