Monitor at the EBS cabinet
Check the system status on the cabinet display of the ETAP Battery System (EBS):
- One display for all luminaires
- Accessible location
- Immediate error detection
- Automatic activation of emergency power
Monitor in the ESM portal
Connect EBS to ETAP Safety Manager (ESM) to control and manage the entire system*, including:
- Remote access
- Detailed status overview
- Efficient maintenance planning
- Easy testing
- Automatic logbook
*The central battery system and emergency lighting with self-contained batteries can be combined.
Maintenance requirements for centralised power supply:
- Periodic function and autonomy test
- Annual visual inspection and control
- Up-to-date logbook
Advantage of EBS:
- One accessible location for inspection
- Time and cost efficient, especially for applications with hard-toreach luminaires
- Easy planning, testing and registration when linked to the ETAP Safety Manager system
Every building owner is responsible for the compliance with the European standards:
- EN1838: Appearance and application
- EN50171: Centralised power supply
- EN50172 : Control and management
For more information about national and EU standards and regulations, check the comprehensive overview on our website.
ETAP Service offer
Let ETAP take care of the annual maintenance:
- Maintenance and registration in compliance with the European standards
- Battery replacement ( > 5y)
- Comprehensive hardware tests
- Proactive maintenance recommendations
- Optional C-LaaS
Circular Light as a Service (C-LaaS)
Let ETAP take care of the total life cycle for at least 10 years, or more:
- Study and design
- Battery replacement
- Removal and re-use
Hot and cold conditions
EBS batteries are installed at distance, in optimal conditions to guarantee battery life time and reliability.
OPEN PARKING AREAS
OPEN AIR EXIT PATHS
Safely shut down critical processes
EBS batteries guarantee long autonomy at high light intensity.
AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL
EBS batteries are easily accessible, without complex interventions due to height or hygiene restrictions.
Enjoy total design freedom with EBS:
- Power the general lighting during an emergency situation
- Combine with all types of luminaires
- Keep all electrical components out of sight
- EBS systems are placed remotely and use existing mains supply wiring
Maximise aesthetics of architectural buildings and monuments.
Adapt the configuration to the specific needs of the project.
Combine masters, submasters and substations to scale up or to meet the requirements for different compartments of the building. A master communication BUS allows full control from any of the EBS units.
Reconfigure at any time, in case of building changes:
Choose your EBS configuration
EBS Superior Compact
EBS Superior (master) +
EBS Superior Compact & EBS Superior (substation)
All EBS systems are compatible with optional extras:
- ETAP Safety Manager (ESM)
- Addressable control modules for individual luminaire monitoring
Specifications per cabinet
|System||Standby voltage||Emergency voltage||Batteries||Power circuits||Autonomy||Power|
|EBS Superior Compact||230V AC**||2 or 4||4||1 or 3h||350VA / 280W|
|8h||188VA / 150W|
|EBS Superior||230V AC||216V DC||up to 18||4 to 72||1, 3, 8h||scalable*|
* EBS Superior can be connected to a generator or secondary power source, to further extend the power and autonomy.
** EBS Superior Compact is suitable for normal luminaires.
Configuration limits per cabinet
EBS Superior Compact
|2 or 4 batteries||
up to 4 power circuits
|3h at 350VA / 280W||8h at 188VA / 150W|
|up to 18 batteries
optional combinations with generator / secondary power supply
|up to 72 power circuits
up to 20 luminaires per circuit = 1440 luminaires
|EBS Superior Compact||EBS Superior|
Extra option: fire resistant housing
|Extra option: separate batteries|
Addressable control modules as option
By default EBS monitors each circuit independently, add addressable control modules to monitor individual luminaires.
Add addressable control modules to combine permanent, non-permanent and switched permanent luminaires with less cables.
Control modules for static and DALI drivers are available, it is also possible to switch via DALI to emergency lumens.
EBS superior compact: codes
|EBS Superior Compact||EBS Superior Compact Basic|
(H x B x D)
(H x B x D)
|250VA/200W||1h||25kg||KCC0100/250-060||610 x 410 x 205 mm||KCC0110/250-060||600 x 400 x 200 mm|
|350VA/280W||1h||35kg||KCC0100/350-060||610 x 410 x 205 mm||KCC0110/350-060||600 x 400 x 200 mm|
|225VA/180W||3h||35kg||KCC0100/225-180||610 x 410 x 205 mm||KCC0110/225-180||600 x 400 x 200 mm|
|250VA/200W||3h||48kg||KCC0100/250-180||880 x 410 x 205 mm||KCC0110/250-180||850 x 400 x 200 mm|
|350VA/280W||3h||61kg||KCC0100/350-180||880 x 410 x 205 mm||KCC0110/350-180||850 x 400 x 200 mm|
|88VA/70W||8h||35kg||KCC0100/088-480||610 x 410 x 205 mm||KCC0110/088-480||600 x 400 x 200 mm|
|188VA/150W||8h||61kg||KCC0100/188-480||880 x 410 x 205 mm||KCC0110/188-480||850 x 400 x 200 mm|
|250VA/200W||8h||109kg||KCC0100/250-480||1420 x 410 x 205 mm|