ETAP Safety Manager
Your emergency lighting under control: everywhere, anytime
The ETAP Safety Manager (ESM) is a central control and management system for your emergency lighting.
With ESM you can monitor and manage emergency lighting in multiple buildings, from any location:
- Online via the ETAP ESM portal;
- Via the local network / building management system.
ESM emergency lighting luminaires
EBS Superior and Superior Compact (battery systems for centrally supplied emergency lighting)
Lighting luminaires with LED module for emergency lighting
Lighting luminaires with emergency unit
Wired versus wireless ESM network
Web controller and luminaires communicate through a BUS.
Wireless communication with luminaires.
Combination of wired and wireless
Combined wireless and wired networks are possible.
Wireless ESM advantages
- No additional communication cabling required, you avoid disruptive surface-mounted cabling.
- Equally reliable and with a similar investment cost compared to wired.
- Unlike other wireless control systems, the other luminaires are not affected (star network) in case of a defective or relocated luminaire.
Opt for extra security
ESM closely follows the status of your emergency lighting. You can see at a glance whether all luminaires are working correctly. The installation is monitored and actively managed:
- You know at any time when maintenance is required.
- You can schedule the test moments yourself.
- You will be notified in the event of malfunctions.
Save time and money
An automatic log book of all checks and maintenances (in accordance with EN 50172).
Detailed info: description of the defect, type of luminaire, location on floor plan or photo, required parts.
Efficiently scheduled maintenance based on information about lamp burning hours and battery duration.
Central management from one point, by one person.
- Easy commissioning.
- Luminaires are classified according to a logical structure, e.g. of the building.
- ESM software automatically recognizes all luminaires.
- You can focus on relevant information and actions.
ESM grows along with your needs
If the structure of your building changes, you can easily adjust this in ESM:
- in a wired network you can connect the luminaires randomly.
- If you want to expand with wireless luminaires, you can connect the wireless
communication interface anywhere on the wired network.
(maximum 16 BUSES per COM port)
Connection to ESM network in other buildings through a local network (LAN)
(maximum 24 COM servers / web controller)
Connection with ESMweb controller
Networks for building management
Also ETAP Emergency Lighting can, in addition to other applications, be connected to such networks. Experience has taught us that this invariably involves customised solutions. For these projects we will be happy to work out the best possible solution. Consult your ETAP adviser.
CONNECTION TO ESMweb CONTROLLER
1) VOLT-FREE CONTACT FOR ESM
This solution allows the status of the ESM installation to be displayed using 4 open/closed contacts
The following error situations are displayed:
- 1 or more luminaires have an error message;
- the communication between ESM and 1 or more luminaires has been broken;
- 1 or more luminaires are in emergency mode;
- the communication with ESM is broken.
2) ASCII EXPORT FILE
Every day, the ESMweb controller writes a detailed file that serves as input for processing in the building management system.